Friday, August 19, 2011

Winedown EDIT

EDIT:  I decided to share with you BOTH of the posters I made for the Winedown Music and Art Festival.  The first one I made was called "Dancing Fairies:"


I was told by Joel (the man in charge) that he wanted the artwork to be fantasy-oriented and illustrative.  Seeing as how I am not the greatest illustrator, and I was only on the project as a volunteer, I went a little more design oriented.  I wanted to play around with some symbols... for instance the symbol for infinity. It's merely suggested in this design, and is rotated to look more like an 8, but the inspiration is there.  I felt the shape and the meaning would give the impression of those characters belonging in that position.  As if they've always been there and they will continue to dance there happily forever.  The rest of the poster is a little less than extraordinary because, at the time, the particulars of the festival were not exactly hammered out.

Joel liked this poster, but wanted a more "earthy and green" feel.  So I scrapped the dancing fairy idea and went with this:




Once again, it's more design oriented rather than illustrative, but Joel was impressed nonetheless.  As I mentioned before the edit of this post, the festival did NOT get past this point in development.  Most of the founders of the project lived in Alabama during the tornado disasters this summer and regrettably it caused the project to fall through.  I would have loved to have come up with a final product!

No comments:

Post a Comment